Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Magic

My theme for March is magic. I have just received my first book - Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking. It came to me through Interlibrary loan by way of Ipswich Public Library.

Something magical about me is that I find four-leaf clovers whenever I want. I found my first four-leaf clover by accident when I was 10 years old. Since then, anytime I went out looking I found at least one. Sometimes I find two, three, or more of them. I have found hundreds of them in my 34 years since then. When I mentioned this to a psychologist friend of mine she started asking a bunch of questions about how I do at word-find games and other puzzles. I asked her to stop the questioning. I didn't want a scientific explanation for something I considered paranormal. I like to believe there is a bit of magic in the world. Some things just can't be explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment