Monday, March 16, 2009

Anyone can predict the future!

Buchanan begins his book by drawing some parallels between himself and Harry Potter, they both have scars on their foreheads, and both have magical things happen to them. He mentions several things that he "predicted" as coming true including "getting better at reading" and "I will turn 10". I predicted that I would finish this book by the end of the weekend and I was right. I remember seeing a cartoon in a magazine, probably almost 30 years ago, in which a man was sitting underneath of a clock that said 10:00. The man had a thought bubble that showed the clock reading 10:10. The caption underneath said "The man who could predict the future." Of course we can all do it. It is something magical about all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment