Monday, May 4, 2009

Spare the rod

Sometimes when I am having an especially trying time with my daughter I tell her I wished I believed in spanking. I only personally know two families who spank their children (or only two who admit to it anyway). It seems to be extremely un-PC, but recent surveys I have seen actually put the number at something like 30% of families who spank. Jacobs has a hard time with this rule. He doesn't want to spank his two-year old, but also wants to follow the Bible. He also wants to discipline his two-year old, and admits to being the pretty weak in that department, much to his wife's chagrin. This appears to be pretty common. I often find myself reminding my husband that he is being a pushover where our daughter is concerned. When she was born the nurse pointed out her little finger to us and correctly predicted that that was the one she would "wrap daddy around".

No comments:

Post a Comment