Friday, January 30, 2009

February's books

My theme for February is "true crime." I just received a copy of Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon. This book inspired the Homicide television series. I own the seventh season of this series on DVD. I never watched the show during its original run, except two episodes during the final season, when my father, John Hayes, got a part as an extra in two different episodes: "Red, Red Wine" in which he is a corpse; and "Zen and the Art of Murder" in which he plays a homeless man in a montage scene. The show was filmed in Baltimore, Maryland, where I grew up. Since February is sweeps month, I thought I'd pick a book with a tv tie in, even though I don't watch much television myself.

The other book I have planned for February is The Year We Disappeared : A Father Daughter Memoir by Cylin Busby and John Busby.

No comments:

Post a Comment