Monday, January 26, 2009

Other books

Since I have a few more days left of January, and my latest "Year-of" book has not yet arrived from Interlibrary loan I will use this time to finish reading Silent Spring by Rachel Carson, which is Bridgewater, Massachusetts One Book One Community pick for this spring. I've always felt a special affinity for Rachel Carson. She died just before I was born in 1964, and we share a birthday, May 27.

This month I also read Too Much Coffee Man's Amusing Musings by Shannon Wheeler and finished reading Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer, the fourth book in the Twilight saga. One of my colleagues, who also read, and enjoyed the series, called it "mind candy". I guess it is, but it features a vampire who makes omlets the next morning. What more could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment