Friday, May 8, 2009

Gift giving

Haukkah and Christmas are not mentioned as holidays in the Bible, so Jacobs is "sitting out" the holiday season, except where buying gifts for his wife is concerned, which he explains will be pretty easy. "Julie is so absurdly organized, she always hands me a stack of catalogs with the gifts she wants circled in red Magic Marker and marked with Post-it notes." I've heard of many couples doing this sort of thing so as to make sure they get exactly what they want on gift-giving occasions. My husband and I have simplified this process to just buying for ourselves what we want, if we can afford it, and celebrating in other ways on holidays and birthdays. It makes for a much more calm holiday season. If I happen to see something my husband would like I just buy it and give it to him for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment