Friday, May 8, 2009

Children and God

One of the reasons that Jacobs embarks on his journey is because he is not sure what to say to his two-year old son about religion. This was a problem for me as well. When my daughter was five she started asking questions about where babies came from. When I realized that she wouldn't be put off I explained it to her, and she didn't believe me. Then I brought her a children's book that explained it, with pictures. At which point she believed me, but was sorry she asked. Shortly thereafter she started asking about God and angels and heaven. I really didn't know what to tell her having no real defined beliefs myself, and I wished we could go back to the "where do babies come" from question. At least I knew the answer to that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment