Friday, November 27, 2009

Will wonders never cease?

Readers who have been with me since the beginning of the year no doubt remember my January 7 post, in which I lament not ever having seen or heard the word "bustophredalian" since my map cataloging class many years ago. And then you rejoiced with me merely week later when, in my January 14 post, I mention that I found the word in A.J. Jacob's book The Know-It-All and discovered that I had been spelling it wrong. Well, I have to say now that my "year of" project is really paying off in spades because the word also appears in Plenty! Co-authors MacKinnon and Smith go blueberry picking with a little red wagon while "moving up and down the rows, boustrophedon stye..."

And to think some people got their thrills today from shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment