Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

I am home in my pajamas on this Friday after Thanksgiving. I am so glad not to be the sort of person to get up and shop on this day. Standing in line on a cold, dark, and rainy morning is not my idea of a good time. We have been celebrating "Buy Nothing Day" for about 15 years. This "holiday" was started by Kalle Lasn in the 1980s. And, it turns out there is a connection to all of this with Plenty, which I did finally start reading, co-author J.B. MacKinnon used to work for Adbusters, which sponsors Buy Nothing Day. This morning after our morning coffee James made us some turkey omlets. We will take care of some projects around the house today and enjoy some time together.

For more on Black Friday see Angela's post on the Great American Sleep In on her Year without Spending blog and read my sermon on The Best Gift.

By the way (Not) Shopping will be my theme for December's books.

No comments:

Post a Comment